ANSI-fy of ranlib, ruptime and rdist [patches]

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jul 23 15:15:15 PDT 2004

    Ok, I've talked a bit with Douwe Kiela and he seems quite interested
    in doing ANSIfication/cleanup work, starting with the patches he
    posted before (included below).

    Since this is potentially going to be a non-trivial volume of patches
    it would be nice if one or two of our committers could head up the
    responsibility for reviewing, adjusting, and committing the work, with
    the rest of the committers helping out if they happen to have the time.
    Douwe is going to posting the URL references to submit@ as he goes.

    Any questions, issues, etc (things always come up when a new developer
    starts posting cleanups!), should be easy to work out on the submit@
    list.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:Hey,
:I was browsing around the source code and discovered that a lot of stuff is
:still
:not ANSI. I was bored, so I decided to patch it, here are the patches:
:
:http://virtus.ath.cx/dfbsd/ruptime.c.diff
:http://virtus.ath.cx/dfbsd/ranlib.diff
:http://virtus.ath.cx/dfbsd/rdist.diff
:
:While ANSI-fying rdist, I discovered some possible security hazards, which
:I have decided to fix aswell, these can be found here:
:
:http://virtus.ath.cx/dfbsd/rdist2.diff
:
:This depends on rdist.diff, which has to be applied first and then
:rdist2.diff over it.
:
:Kind regards,
:Douwe