systimer01.patch available for review.

Enemy God jasse at hornet.ac
Tue Jan 27 06:53:38 PST 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 23.46, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     I am not entirely sure if it's legal to use the 8254 in SWSTROBE mode
> on all platforms.  I'm a bit worried about old 486 platforms which might
> have 8253's intead of 8254's.  If it doesn't work I'll switch to using
> RATEGEN mode.  I might do that anyway.

What's the point to support those old relics? (I mean the 386 and 486)

I own one of those antics that even has PCI slots and onboard IDE controller,
but I can't boot from the (IDE)CD so I can't install DF on it.
(Had to "sacrifice" a newer machine to try it. ;-)

Wasn't it decided that floppy boot was scrapped?

     See (read?) ya, Jasse "The one but not the only" Jansson