Something for DragonFly?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Jan 23 19:45:17 PST 2004

"Erik Paulsen Skaalerud" <erik at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:4011c860$0$181$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> From http://www.skyos.org/:
>
> We are pleased to announce that we have chosen a new file system to
> use in SkyOS, and it will be available in SkyOS 5.0. The file system
> that we have chosen to use is the OpenBFS, made available under the
> MIT license by the OpenBeOS project. We have chosen this excellent

It's interesting, though I'd say, having used BeOS and therefore BFS for
a few years, you'd want to pick this filesystem clone because of the
attribute support, not because of journaling.  File attributes was
really neat, and gave the filesystem database-like capabilities, but
it's not something that will mesh easily with 99% of the unixy tools out
there, so it almost could be considered "baggage".