Installation experience (was Re: Installing from SCSI cdrom)

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Jan 12 00:44:50 PST 2004

-On [20040112 08:12], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    I'm sure there is some stupid-simple reason for why DFly isn't finding
>    the SCSI CDRom root.  This would be a good bug for someone to track
>    down!  I need to focus on a number of panics reported by David Rhodus
>    and get back to the IPC work.

Sorry, no SCSI CDROMs here, so somebody else needs to test.

>:Btw, there used to be a thread about the new install program, has anyone
>:  started working on it? Sounds like an interesting project to me.
>
>    Nothing serious has been done yet in regards to the new installer.

I've been messing a bit with Python for an installer.  AnyGUI looks good
to use with it, since it allows arbitrary GUI toolkits to be used.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth...