ifwatchd

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jan 26 22:51:12 PST 2004

:There's also watchdogd, from FreeBSD 5.x.  My vote would be for that to
:be imported (eventually.)  Except, with Matt's latest untangling (as I
:understand it) it could be done as it's own systimer instead of just
:being embedded in the hardclock... much nicer design!
:
:-Chris

    Not only that, but since the systimers are based on the 8254 Timer 0,
    we will no longer be using the RTC interrupt for our stat clock.

    This means that we can theoretically support a second systimer
    abstraction based on int 8 to be used as a realtime interrupt if
    we wanted to.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>