SiS 645DX issues

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 22 11:00:45 PST 2004

:Could someone (who knows what he's talking about) be so kind to answer my
:last post in the "Re: Booting daily snapshot 2CSNAP-20040114-2345" thread on
:the bugs list?
:
:Thanks,
:
:Jeroen Ketema

    Well, our ATA driver is currently based on the FreeBSD-4.x one, with
    some modifications.  If there is specific code in 5.x to support
    this particular chipset it should not be too difficult to backport
    it, but someone needs to research the commit logs and code in 5.x
    to figure out where it is.

    I think David Rhodus was working on atang.  ATAng is likely to create
    as many problems as it solves, though, and I would prefer that we
    keep patching the current driver and not try to replace it until atang
    becomes stable in FreeBSD-current.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>