HEADS UP! Major GCC surgery being committed in a little while.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jan 16 11:24:39 PST 2004

:On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:17:11PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?  David Rhodus and I will be doing additional
:>     work and life-testing ports and other things tomorrow.  Theoretically
:>     the only thing YOU need to do is when you do a full buildworld and
:>     installworld is to also be sure to also install /usr/src/etc/rc.d/ldconfig
:>     into /etc/rc.d.  This is because libstdc++ is currently in a
:>     per-compiler install dir.
:
:Couldn't you add an automatic RPATH in the g++ specs? And add the location
:of the old libstdc++ statically to rtld's path.
:
:Joerg

    I thought about it but I don't want to hardwire anything that we might
    have to change as we integrate additional compiler support into the
    system.  There are no rtld special cases at the moment (I think) so I
    don't want to start adding them.

    I am considering making the upgrade target part of the installworld
    sequence.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>