dfports snafu

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Mon Jan 12 05:20:17 PST 2004

* David Rhodus (drhodus at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >Things are going nicely up to now. Only the ports that use the
> >USE_LIBTOOL make env want libtool${LIBTOOL_VERSION} in the ${PORTSDIR},
> >so I had to bring in libtool 13 14 and 15. Also, to be able to use
> >libtool, I had to bring in Templates/* as well. *sigh*
> >
> >I'll submit the Big Patch in a while (after I can get X to build
> >successfully), and then I'll make smaller patches for commiting.
>
> All you have to do is re-type `make install` after we've ran through
> a dfport... Without looking I just assumed something in the FreeBSD
> ports tree had changed to break our little temporary hack.

That doesn't always work. If relpath fails, make stops. relpath is
eventually doing someting like:

relpath /usr/dfports /usr/ports/foo/bar

Which makes it break. The problem also sometimes is that a dfport is
looking for dependancies in the dfport dir instead of the regular ports
tree.

On a box you don't mind breaking, try cleaning out the port working dirs
out first (portsclean -C), and then a pkg_delete -a to oblitterate and
deinstall all the packages.

Try building X from scratch again from the x11/XFree86-4 metaport, and
you'll see what I mean.

Cheers,
Emiel