The Trolling on the freebsd- lists

Kip Macy kmacy at fsmware.com
Tue Jan 6 09:33:02 PST 2004

> Some of it is a personal reaction against the FreeBSD community itself.
> It's really their problem to clean up since they mistreat people regularly.
> Nothing you or anybody else outside of that community can really do to
> correct the situation.

The fundamental problem here is not how FreeBSD should or shouldn't be
run. The problem is, and this is directed at any would be trolls, that
although there are a few highly visible objectionable individuals in
FreeBSD, the vast majority of contributors are reasonable people who
simply don't share our perceptions of the limitations of the current
organizational structure. By bringing emotion into a discussion
comparing other projects, one undermines those projects in the eyes of
many readers. The appropriate response to e-mails telling one to go
away, if one is genuinely trying to discuss technical matters or
announce new features, is no more than hitting the delete key.

				-Kip