cvs commit: src/sys/dev/netif/xl if_xl.c if_xlreg.h

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jan 23 22:46:06 PST 2004

    I have turned off hardware assisted transmit checksums in the XL
    driver.  It turns out that the 'resident' bug I was tracking down
    was not a bug in 'resident' OR a bug in the VM system.  I tracked it
    down to HWassist transmit checksums in the XL driver generating
    corrupted packets which were bokering NFS.  It just happened that
    the bug was more likely to occur when /usr/bin was residented.

    I no longer believe that there are any bugs in the resident code I
    committed.