Source tarballs?

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Fri Feb 20 13:11:46 PST 2004

Quoting rivo nurges <rix at xxxxxxxxx>:

> > How about bittorrent, rather than ftp/http?  For the ISO images too?
> > That would save your bandwidth quite a lot I believe

> Do we have so many downloaders that it will save something?

As I understand, even with two downloaders you save something (at
the server end; downloaders may find it slower if there aren't too
many people simultaneously downloading).  The server doesn't care how
many are connected, it serves at a fixed rate more or less, and
the rest comes from upload from the downloaders themselves.