ACPI was the culprit

Eirik Nygaard eirikn at kerneled.com
Wed Feb 18 11:16:39 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:01:20PM -0600, Dave Leimbach wrote:
> So for FreeBSD 5.2.1 at least ACPI was the reason I couldn't boot the
> installer CD.  Choosing either a "Safe Mode" or "Disable ACPI" boot
> worked.
>
> Is there a way to disable this at boot time in DragonFly as well by
> interrupting the loader process?

ACPI in DragonFly can not be compiled as a module, so you must remove it
from your kernel config file and recompile your kernel. I was experiensing
random hardlocks with ACPI on my laptop, which seems to have stoped now.
Everything seems pretty random for me at the moment, I have not been able
to track it down yet.

--
Eirik Nygaard
eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx    Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.