Installer: again

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Feb 14 18:19:50 PST 2004

:Robert Garrett <rg70 at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
:news:402e7a70$0$184$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
:
:> Anyway just a few thoughts on the direction I am taking..
:
:As I recall, it was php, not python, but that may not matter.  I did
:write down what Matt had said, which otherwise matches well:
:
:http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/archives/2003_08.html#000010

    There were several discussions.  I truely do not know what the best
    approach is for an installer but the more I think about it the more
    I think that Python is the way to go... that trying to make it
    browser based will just result in an ugly, underperforming installer.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>