Heads up: NEWCARD is coming

Tomaz Borstnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Sat Feb 14 05:44:14 PST 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger pravi:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:29:54PM +0100, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:

I have some DEC-based and 3Com cardbus ethernet cards to play with.
Except for 16bit card (ed1) notthing works under NEWCARD:
Here are logs from dmesg:

Hope it continues too ;-) The rest is not really surprising, since
the current code does not yet have the necessary probe/match magic
built in. If you send me a list of the FreeBSD 5 drivers (e.g. the
interface names), I'll give them some priority.
Both Silicom cards are dc0 under FreeBSD 5.x. 10Mbps dc card works out
of the box while 100Mbps card has problems with auto detection of media.
 If I manually set it to 100Mbps full-duplex it works fine. Without
that it does not discover link.

3Com card is xl0 device.

I will happily test any patches if needed.

Thanks!

Tomaz