Subversion Release Candidate

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Sun Feb 1 13:22:24 PST 2004

> > Any replacement of CVSup? It will be nice if someone create a new tool
> > similar to CVSup, but without depend the EZM and use SVN instead CVS or
> > use both CVS and SVN by choice.

For mirroring the entire repo you can use a number of tools.
svnadmin can also be used for this.  svn up and svn co is
fast enough that you don't need cvsup for remote use.

We started using svn at work and now I wish we hadn't
switched from cvs.  After a lot of initial problems it has
settled down to stable operation but it just isn't stable
enough for my taste and it has all the ills of "modern open
software": use of xml, too many external dependencies,
creates far too many directories and files instead of cvs's 1
dir + 3 to 4 files per checked out directory, too many ways
to use it (and screw it up) and so on.  And our repo isn't
even all that large.  Stay with the devil you know....