ad0: READ command timeout

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-kernel at les.ath.cx
Sun Feb 29 15:40:35 PST 2004

Hi.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:11:57PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> Here is DFly.  But I won't have DFly up and running again until next week.
>
> atapci0: <Intel PIIX4 ATA33 controller> port 0xfe60-0xfe6f at device 7.1 on pci0
> ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
> installed MI handler for int 14
> ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
> installed MI handler for int 15

A few more general things...

Can you put 'boot_verbose="YES"' in /boot/loader.conf and wait for the timeout message
in the hope that you can get more information?

How did you install DragonFly? By doing buildworld/buildkernel on FreeBSD 4.8, or
installed from LiveCD? If the former, when did you check out the source code?
If the latter, what was the build date?

Also, does increasing/decreasing hw.ata.mpipe_size change the situation?