newtoken02.patch - New Token code patch #2 ready for testing

Bosko Milekic bmilekic at technokratis.com
Wed Feb 25 14:39:28 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:02:24PM +0100, Emiel Kollof wrote:
> * Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > :[snip]
> > :
> > :I'm testing it, but somehow scheduling seems to be off. Running multiple
> > :compilation jobs gets really really slow. Is this a known sideeffect?
> > :
> > :Cheers,
> > :Emiel
> > :--
> >
> >     No.  Could you describe what's going on in more detail?
>
> Well, I just tried compiling one big port with lots of dependancies (KDE
> in my case) and a buildworld in another terminal. Both progress really
> slowly. Without the patch, it just flies along (like it should with this
> 2.6 Ghz machine).
>
> I haven't really investigated further (I need top/ps/systat to really
> investigate, but they break, which is why I did the buildworld to get
> world in sync).
>
> Note that I'm using a uniprocessor system. Dunno if SMP boxes have this
> behaviour. It's stable though, it doesn't crash.
>
> Cheers,
> Emiel
> --

  Make sure you're using the latest version of the patch, the one
  without the vnode lock problems.

--
Bosko Milekic  *  bmilekic at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  *  bmilekic at xxxxxxxxxxx
TECHNOkRATIS Consulting Services  *  http://www.technokratis.com/

 "However, because exposure to the wearable computer is ongoing,
  the effect is more intense and immediate: I have, in the past,
  experienced disorientation and flashbacks upon severing my
  connection with the system."  --Steve Mann, "Cyborg: ..."