Can't get ed1 to show up

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Feb 19 05:23:32 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 10:38:16PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
: On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:16:12PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: >
: > This is an odd one.  Until DFly (cvsupped today) I only have to include
: > miibus and ed to get my ed1 to show up.  Now, I am cutting out pieces of
: > GENERIC to get it to work, and I am missing something, because only GENERIC
: > finds it!
:
: This is a known problem. The ATA code doesn't have correct matching
: for cardbus yet. I'll get this working soon. As a temporary work around
: you could remove ata-card.c from conf/files. Have a look at the the
: NEWCARD thread too.

Now, in the interests of actually learning what is going on here, could you
explain what this means?  I did a little work on the ZIP driver, so I should
be able to follow you ok.  And I'll check out the other thread as well.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.