Need help with non-working adduser...

Claes Wallin clawa570+dragonfly at student.liu.se
Wed Feb 18 02:53:11 PST 2004

Dylan Reinhold wrote:
jcm wrote:
Adduser doesn't go past asking my user name.  It is stuck in a loop
where it keeps asking over and over again.
Are you having problems with this line :
   Usernames must match regular expression:
If so, its asking what regular expression to use when you enter the user
id, just hit enter to accept the default. It will ask later for the new
user id....
Yes, I had this exakt problem, being new to BSD and all. Remember to rm
/etc/adduser.conf before you go at it again. =)

   /Clacke