Description of the Journaling topology

Rob D. 162144 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:35:50 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I'm making good progress on the journaling layer.
:
:At some later time will we be able to add layers to the journaling
:system either above or below the layer currently being developed?

    I don't see why not, but I also can't think of an application where we
    would want to do that.
What if the journal is for an encrypted disk?  It would probably be
desirable for the journal data to be encrypted in that case, especially
if the stream was a socket to an offsite machine.  It might be necessary
to store key data in the journal; depending on just how the encryption
is done.

(Sorry if this sounds like I'm playing devil's advocate.  I really meant
to ask this question earlier, but I didn't really (and don't now) have
the knowledge to ask it in a more detailed/helpful manner.)