Description of the Journaling topology

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Tue Dec 28 03:46:40 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I'm making good progress on the journaling layer.  It will
    hard storage.  This will also allow the journaling layer to retain
    portions of the journaling stream in the MEMORY FIFO and SECONDARY SPOOL
    in case the stream connection breaks and needs to be re-created (as would
    happen quite often for an off-site journaling stream), without losing
    any data, and to handle data backups that occur if the STREAM is a slow
    off-site link or if a glitch occurs.  The MEMORY FIFO will allow us to
    batch operations, reducing context switches and allowing me to implement
    the worker thread concept as a very efficient asynchronous design.

Fantastic, you are a programming god!
The famous "quo non ascendat" is well fit to you.
--
Michel Talon