Wireless AP troubles

Justin Sherrill justin.sherrill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:17:34 PDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:58:25 -0400, Walter Venable
<weaseal at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wanted to also mention that dmesg is spitting out this error over and
> over:
>
> arp: 10.0.0.48 is on dc1 but got reply from 00:02:2d:57:a3:4a on wi0

What is the wired connections going to?  I've seen this behavior from
an Ambit 2100 cable modem/router with wireless.  I had one network
card plugged in a pulling a public IP, plus another pulling a local
network IP, and I'd see arp messages like that caused by the modem's
private 10.* net.  (DOCSIS)  Of course, that may not help much to
know.