ideas 3

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Thu Aug 12 12:52:55 PDT 2004

Chris Palmer wrote:

Ed writes:

What about creating a few kernel config files for common systems ?
NetBSD does something like that with GENERIC, LAPTOP, SMALL,...

I much prefer the OpenBSD approach. OpenBSD ships GENERIC only (although
there are alternate config files present in the source distribution).
I have to agree on this, OpenBSD is very nice when it comes to
supporting just about any hardware out-of-the-box.

Matt, could you consider having a kernel like this on the ISO images? It
cant hurt any, except a few extra MB's in uncompressed state.

- Erik