cvsup, installer and booting

Adonijah adonijah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:51:36 PDT 2004

George Georgalis wrote:
I had more serious problems on my second machine. The installer uses
UDMA33. Linux has problems setting the speed automatically (it uses
UDMA66), but I can speed it up manually (commands below). The bios
supports ATA 133 and there is a (1 channel) 80 pin ribbon. Can I fix
this from the DragonFly installer?
DragonFly (and FreeBSD) are very picky about the cabling you use for
your hard drives. I can't say that it's completely correct since I had
the same experience you did while I had no problems with Linux or
Windows detecting my cabling correctly. But, I can tell you that when I
swapped the hard drive cable out for another one, suddenly DragonFly
detected the cable correctly and used UDMA100 (in my case).