intr 11 "livelocked"

tom at takeo.is-useless.org tom at takeo.is-useless.org
Wed Aug 18 20:23:43 PDT 2004

I'm installing 1.0A_REL on a dell latitude and getting a message from the
kernel that I don't understand:

intr 11 at 87302 hz, livelocked! limiting at 20000 hz

(very) shortly afterward, I get another message:

intr 11 at 51 hz, removing livelock limit

and then the loop begins again. the exact two numbers vary but are always close
to that range. there is enough delay in these message to see the screen they
come out on for about 2 or 3 seconds.

the machine is a pentium II 366 with some extra ram (512 meg) and a WPC11v3
wireless card (works with wi0).

i'll take a look into it myself when the source is done downloading but if
anyone has any ideas / places to start looking it would be much appreciated =)

Thanks,

-tom