sysfs -> /sbin/hotplug -> udev

esmith esmith at patmedia.net
Fri Apr 23 01:28:42 PDT 2004

These are all good points, however, isn't sysfs a friendlier solution?
I'm usually in favor of solutions that are friendlier if all other
issues are mostly equal.

I'll even go out on limb and wonder if it might even be easier to make a
new sysfs than it would be to rework sysctl. Sysfs might even be more
flexible and allowing for unexpected changes in the future.

Finally, even if a sysfs for DF existed, it's just a pseudo-filesystem
so no one would be required to use it.

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
. ..
> Heck, you could even write a sysctlfs if you want to use the
> normal fd API.
Isn't that basically what sysfs is?