mbuf leak

William M. Grim wgrim at siue.edu
Fri Apr 16 15:03:09 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    All right.  There's a good chance it is related to packet fragment
    handling or packetes related to dead connections.  But the more info
    we can get on the types of packets causing the problem the easier it
    will be to track down.

    I think I see a bit of leak on my machines too now that you mention it.
    I'll try to track it down on my end as well.  Once we get it fixed I
    think it's finally time for me to create a (non-branch) cvs tag to track
    known-to-be-probably-stable builds :-).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This sounds like a good plan.  Do you have any resources you can
recommend on attaching a debugger to places in code that might be
causing the memory leak?

I was referred to the FBSD handbook by someone on EFNet, but I don't see
any section describing attaching a debugger to the kernel.

Help on this particular matter would be great :-)

-Mike