cvs commit: src/sys/kern uipc_socket.c src/sys/sys poll.h src/sys/vfs/fifofs fifo_vnops.c

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Thu Sep 4 12:58:05 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Now I'm not longer able to boot off my 3ware controller.
:It starts to boot but goes into an infinite loop resetting itself....
:
:-DR
    Is it due to this commit or an earlier one?  e.g. if the 3ware controller
    needs ISA DMA space it could be the slab allocator changes that are
    messing it up.

    I think you may have to revert your tree incrementally to find out
    exactly where we broke the controller.  But before you do try going
    back to the original allocator and see if that fixes it (i.e. comment
    out the NO_KMEM_MAP and USE_SLAB_ALLOCATOR kernel options if you had set
    them).  If it is the ISA DMA space I will take a timeout from the VFS
    code and try to fix that more quickly then my current plan.
	Allow me to apologize!  It might have been my poll() commit.

	I have committed a fix, hopefully, that should fix it.

	Cheers.

	--
	Hiten (hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)