sysinstall v2

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Sep 3 23:12:28 PDT 2003

-On [20030904 00:42], Simon 'corecode' Schubert (corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>how about rsync?
>it's such a usefull tool, i wished several it was part of the base...

Everything you bring in from something like ports to base will require
maintenance.  Just like the hell named, cvs, perl, sendmail, and so on
already kindly provides for us.

It shouldn't be needed.  Anyone who's building a release already has a
whacked sense of contributing ( :P ) so adding prerequisites from ports
doesn't matter.  For all I care you make another directory in the CVS
root for the whole release shebang, it's specialized material anyway,
why clutter the base with it?

This would keep release engineering and the real OS/kernel truly
seperated at no cost and much benefit.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B