sysinstall v2

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Sep 3 18:55:26 PDT 2003

At 3:48 PM -0700 9/3/03, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Maybe we would also like to have `cvsup-without-gui'...?
:
:--
:Hiten Pandya
    I would like to have cvsup, but we would need the
    modula-3 libraries and I am rather loath to include
    them on the live CD.
Fwiw, I recently got the idea that I would pay grad student
here at RPI to rewrite just the client-part of cvsup in C++.
He just got his Phd, and he has his eye on a specific job
that won't be available for a few more months, so he'd love
to have some short-termish project.  Actually, I started out
thinking a ruby version would be cool, but he has done a lot
of C++ programming and hadn't even heard of ruby...
But once I got serious about sizing up the task, it seemed
pretty likely that I'd run out of spare money before he could
get it all working.  But I still keep thinking that maybe
I should give it a shot, and see how far he could get.
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx