Anybody working on removing sendmail from base?

Tim tim at sleepy.wojomedia.com
Mon Sep 29 02:11:53 PDT 2003

It's not clear to me what you are trying to do.

The script I mentioned was written for xbiff, which obviously will
work if you are running X.  If you run a screen variation or whatever,
then I would recommend starting with something like biff and modify
appropriately.

If you want true asynchronous notification then you might have to
muck with qmail's delivery mechanism so that whenever a new piece of
e-mail arrives you will be notified immediately, such as putting a
filter in .qmail.

Tim