Veriexec

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Thu Sep 18 05:15:29 PDT 2003

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 05:12 AM, Miguel Mendez wrote:

Hi Matt and the rest,

I've seen some interest in prebinding for DragonFly. IMHO the gain is
not that big, but YMMV. What I'd like to see is something like NetBSD's
veriexec
(http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blymn/veriexec_announce.html).
What do you think, worth doing? If people are interested I will start
porting/implementing it to DragonFly.
Yes, I've always liked that idea. I've got this working for DragonFly,
I'm hoping
to commit it within the next fews days. This is something I've found
really nice
were I often find myself legally liable for information leakage,
especially working
in the health care business. Now I'm not dealing with information but
"Protected
Healthcare Information", at least under federal law. So the integrity
of my systems
now has become important to protecting myself from prosecution.

-DR