Fw: new sysinstall

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue Sep 2 10:05:53 PDT 2003

Wesley Moxam wrote:
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
require 'webrick'
include WEBrick
s = HTTPServer.new( :Port => 2000 )

s.mount_proc("/hello"){|req, res|
  res.body = "<HTML>hello world</HTML>"
  res['Content-Type'] = "text/html"
}trap("INT"){ s.shutdown }
s.start
This way you could eliminate apache as a dependancy.
	Hmm, I think discussing which language is better to use will be
	more of a religous discussion than any other.  No offense, but
	whatever PHP can achieve, it can also be achieved by Perl,
	Python, Ruby and whatever else is out there; heck, even C++. :-)
	Let us just stick with the PHP4 + thttpd/Apache combination.
	My basic reason for supporting it is because it is something
	different and radical from what other BSDs are doing.
	Please, do not make a bikeshed out of this followup; it is
	merely my summary of the ``new sysinstall'' discussion. :-)
	Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx