DragonFly and FBSD 5.1

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 27 14:05:12 PST 2003

:It seems Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
:> Mmm, then at least it is a work around.  I am guessing here that old ATA
:> code makes assumptions about the highest available DMA mode and tries to
:> set it to that and just hangs when it cannot set that.  At least I can
:> now normally boot.  Now I can more easily work on getting it fixed as it
:> should be fixed then.
:
:You are relying on the BIOS to have setup the chipset correctly for
:the mode you happen to use, ie *pure chance* :)
:
:What should be dealt with is the faulty support of non-known chips,
:but I'll bite and admit I havn't even fixed that in -current yet :)
:
:-Søren

    Maybe a 'hit 0 now to run the ATA driver in PIO mode.  5...4...3...2...1'
    feature in the driver during booting for debugging purposes.  It would
    take min(the number you press, what it would have done otherwise).

    (and also support hitting 1, 2, 3, 4, etc..).

    I'm only half joking!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>