Installation floppies kernel slab allocator

Rodrigo Fernandez-Vizarra Rodrigo.Fdz-Vizarra at infonegocio.com
Fri Oct 10 05:47:54 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm installing DragonFly BSD from the iso image located in

http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES/

Dated 2 Oct 2003.

I've created the two install disks (kern.flp and mfsroot.flp) and booted
from them... and I get the following error

   Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
   /stand/sysinstall running as init on vty0
   panic:slaballoc: corrupted zone
I've seen that in the latest revision of the kern_slaballocator.c  (rev
1.7/1.8) it's repaired a bug regarding low memory machines (mine is a
Pentium 133Mhz with 48MBytes of Ram).

My question is. Are the install floppies kernel updated with the latest
kernel? If yes then I have probably hit a bug in the Slab allocator
code. I've tried to fire DDB but it's not enabled in the kernel....

Any hints?

Thanks,
Rodrigo