iPaq IA-1 issues...

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Sun Nov 30 20:39:54 PST 2003

> :Bah, looks like it's a lot more than just munching include paths
> :sync up DF's usb support using FBSD 4.9-Rel.  The USB interfaces
are
> :pretty much direct conversions.  The base USB drivers however
> :refrence PRIBIO which is no longer present in DF.
> :
> :Guess I get to learn C and stop hacking blindly.
> :
> :Joshua Coombs
>
>     The PRIxxxx portions of any tsleep() calls can be removed
(made equivalent
>     to 0).  So, for example:
>
>     PCATCH|PRIBIO -> PCATCH
>     PRIBIO   -> 0
>
>     This is because threads operating in the kernel no longer need
to be
>     associated with a user priority... they already have a fixed
kernel
>     priority appropriate for their purpose.
>
> -Matt
> Matthew Dillon
> <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, that makes sence.  Looking a bit deeper (using diff like I
should have from the start) it appears the majority of the changes
are to the known quirks list, and the 4.9 scsi_da.c doing a bit more
testing on certain ops.  Near as I can tell at this point, 99% of my
troubles with my USB HD are in scsi_da, so I'm going to work on just
getting that up to date and see if that gets that issue delt with.
Thanks for the pointer!

Joshua Coombs