XFree86-4-libraries build failure

Aaron Malone aaron at munge.net
Tue Nov 25 20:48:15 PST 2003

In article <200311252258.hAPMwOnM082032 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Matthew
Dillon wrote:
>     Hmm.  I thought I had overriden OSVERSION for the ports build, but
>     maybe there is something that bypasses it in that particular build.

The X build itself seems to get the os version directly from
<osreldate.h> (line 35 in xc/config/cf/FreeBSD.cf), but even changing
that, I can't get it to build right.  The issue is that it's not making
the XThrStub.so symlink in xc/exports/lib.  I'm guessing something's not
getting defined properly, since the Imakefile is identical with my
working FreeBSD 4.9 box, but imake generates a Makefile without the
symlink instructions.  I'm afraid it'll take someone more familiar with
the tangled web of X building than me to figure out why.

--
Aaron Malone
aaron at xxxxxxxxx