messaging questions...

David Leimbach leimy2k at mac.com
Mon Nov 24 23:31:05 PST 2003

On Nov 24, 2003, at 9:46 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Cool.. So now that I've actually got DragonFly running and I have the
:kernel
:source I can happily dig around in the messaging code and write some
:examples.
:
:If/when I get around to it would some example code be useful for the
:website?
:
:Dave
    Yah.  In fact, demonstration code for this or that might be
something
    good to throw into /usr/src/test.  Or maybe /usr/src/examples, then
    reference it from the web site or on the lists.

Cool.... So I have been gleefully digging through the thread code as it
seems important to
understand that before trying to message a thread :)...  I noticed the
kernel has a way to get
the current thread very easily via some macros and functions.

Is there any way a user can just find out what his current thread is?
I presume every process
has at least 1 of these things or a lot of what I am reading in the
kernel doesn't look like it
would work very well.

Dave