Renaming the system to 'DragonFly'

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Tue Nov 18 18:59:52 PST 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    That seems to fool configure.  It took an hour or two to figure out
    the right parameters... it turns out that just setting the OS name is
    not enough, because our DragonFly version is 1.0 configure wound up
    believing the operating system to be FreeBSD-1.0, which broke a lot
    of things :-).  So I basically have to override nearly all the uname
    parameters.
In theory, autoconf's configure should be able to handle a host/target
override (ala --host=i686-elf-freebsd or somesuch).  In theory, half the
time it thinks you're trying to do a cross-compile and refuses to go
much of anywhere.

    Boy do I hate configure.
Amen to that...