Matt's schedule for this week

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 12 14:22:47 PST 2003

:With the kernel I'm running using 3.3.2, the only issues I've found so far are
:module loading and debugging. Our gdb is too old to understand kernel.debug I
:think, and the module code needs to be updated.  Is it worth looking at gdb
:6.0?  I remember the FreeBSD people waiting on it for full amd64 support.
:Also, is there still support for the 5.x kernel and modules in /boot or was
:that changed instead of added to?
:
:-Craig

    I seem to recall someone... David Rhodus?  working on GDB 6.0.

    I'm working through your cumulative patch now.  I've already committed
    the easy stuff.  I'm reviewing the rest of it (the assembly changes)
    as I write this!

    So far so good.  I would prefer using ANSI quoting for the broken up
    quoted sections instead of escaping a newline.  e.g. your patch has:

-       iret
+("  .text                                                     \n\
+       .p2align 2,0x90                                        \n\
+       .type " __XSTRING(CNAME(bluetrap13)) ", at function       \n\
+" __XSTRING(CNAME(bluetrap13)) ":                             \n\

    I think I'd like to do this instead:

 ("  .text; "
  "  .p2align 2,0x90;"
  "  .type " ....", at function;"