Matt's schedule for this week

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Tue Nov 11 19:15:43 PST 2003

On Nov 11, 2003, at 10:01 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:>
:> You're going to try to move to the latest gcc 3.x compiler
:> as the default for dragonfly?  (a good idea, but I imagine
:> it's going take some time to sort out!)
:>
:
:I believe the actual plan was just to bring in GCC 3.x alongside GCC
:2.mumble, which will remain the default compiler for another while
yet.
:
:--
:Munish Chopra

    Right.  We are not changing the default to gcc 3.x, it will be
used only
    to build the kernel.  Depending on how things go I might make it
the
    default to build all kernels, but for the moment it will be used
just
    to build the amd64 kernel.
Do you foresee any issues for which we wouldn't want to make gcc 3.x
default for everything ? If we are going to look at going ahead with a
newer gcc(as we should), I think we should go ahead and put forth the
effort to make everything compile cleanly under it. I couldn't see the
actual time required to be more than 3 or 4 days, this including the
userland.

-DR