FreeBSD 4.9 IPv4/IPv6 nit

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Nov 10 13:49:57 PST 2003

Just found out the hard way that FreeBSD 4.9 does something whacky.

buddha.tendra.org aka www.tendra.org aka tendra.allbsd.org is configured
on both ipv4 and ipv6.

After Sato-san upgraded the box from 4.8-S to 4.9-S today I noticed my
apache 1.3.29 + ipv6 patch was only binding to tcp6 (thanks for the
notice Simon).  Finally Will Andrews asked if my box had
net.inet6.ip6.v6only set to 0 or not.  It was set to 1, which odd, given
Hiroki and me never did anything to set that any place.

So if people are anxious to port 4.9 stuff, watch this closely.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Tonight your soul sleeps, but one day you will feel real pain, maybe
then you will see me as I am: a fragile wreck on a storm of emotion...