SCO after BSD settlement

3seas 3seasDF at threeseas.net
Sun Nov 23 13:02:36 PST 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>.
> In otherwords, SCO cannot legally distribute GPL'd software.  SCO's
> response to this is that the GPL is invalid and all GPL'd code is
> public domain.  No judge in the land will ever agree with that
> interpretation. SCO is basically backed into a corner here (a mess of
> their own making).

All of this reminds me of the kids story about the dog who had a nice juicy
steak in his mouth, but crossed over a small bridge going over a fairly
fast running creek. The dog saw his reflection and out of greed went for
the reflection of himself, to get the other steak. In so doing, lost the
steak he had.

So should SCO, lose the steak they have.