Redundant declaration of __mbstate_t

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Nov 14 11:05:11 PST 2003

:--Boundary-02=_7UOt/NmN18Cd89Q
:
:There is a redundant declaration of __mbstate_t in both /usr/include/machin=
:e/
:ansi.h and /usr/include/machine/stdint.h  This currently breaks the build o=
:f=20
:gcc33 from ports.  Should there perhaps be an #ifndef to protect this inste=
:ad=20
:of removing one which could possibly break more software?  Also is anyone=20
:else having consistantly dropped buffers at reboot?  I have at least 6 give=
:n=20
:up on every boot, even if I unmount everything except root before rebooting.
:
:=2DCraig

    /usr/include/machine/ansi.h no longer exists... what you see in
    there is a stale copy of the file.

    Basically we need to modify gcc33 not to try to include it, and also
    not to try to #define over __size_t.