2 problems with up-to-date as of today kernel

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 5 10:23:36 PST 2003

:
:The first problem is in if_bge.c. Revision 1.7 breaks the driver. With this
:revision the card can't communicate at all with anything.
:
:Second problem. I'm not sure when this started happening, but it was recently.
:Just do a /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java -version (assuming you have it
:installed) and watch it hang taking up 100% cpu. The cpu it's taking is listed
:as "system" in top though, and this command used to work fine (need it to build
:native java 1.4.1 and openoffice).
:
:Just letting people know.
:
:Ken

    I'm guess the last batch of the syscall separation work might have done
    it.  I did fix one bug yesterday in kern_exit.c related to the syscall
    separation work and would appreciate it if you could retest.  wait4
    was broken (David Rhodus found it fairly quickly when he could not
    resume a ^Z'd program from csh :-)).

    If that doesn't fix the problem then I'll try to track down where the
    error was introduced.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>