XFree86-4-libraries build failure

Eli Scott dragonfly at brainguts.no-ip.com
Mon Nov 24 22:58:41 PST 2003

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is my fault, or the fault of DragonFly, but after
installing 1.0 today (from the latest ISO available, then cvsup'ed the
source, dfports, and freebsd ports and built/installed world/generic
kernel), I tried to install X, and it choked
on XFree-4-libraries.  The following message was spat out:

uberskank# cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/
uberskank# make install clean
===>  Building for XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_6
making all in lib/xtrans...
making all in lib/Xau...
making all in lib/Xdmcp...
making all in lib/XThrStub...
making all in lib/X11...
rm -f libX11.so.6.2~
(cd .; ld -o ./libX11.so.6.2~ -Bshareable -R /usr/X11R6/lib  Context.o
Depths.o        ParseCmd.o      Quarks.o        AllCells.o

[...snipped many *.o files...]

lcGeneric.o     lcInit.o        lcPrTxt.o       lcPubWrap.o     lcPublic.o
lcRM.o lcStd.o  lcTxtPr.o       lcUtil.o        lcUTF8.o  XlcDL.o XlcSL.o
XDefaultIMIF.o XDefaultOMIF.o
-L/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/exports/lib  -lXThrStub )
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lXThrStub
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib/X11.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries.
uberskank#

I'm just installing this (as I'm sure you all can see) straight from
FreeBSD ports.  Is this the right thing to do?  I've got dfports, as well,
but the only entry in x11 is the nvidia driver, so I assumed the rest of
the ports should build fine, including the base X install.  If this has
already been delt with, first of all sorry, second - could I have a link
to research the solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Eli