Remove BIND, Sendmail, Perl and etc from base?

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:47:16 PDT 2003

At 11:58 AM -0500 7/24/03, Peter da Silva wrote:
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Well to add the idea of dynamic root, I suggest something
like:
- rescue => contains /stand with static versions of /bin
            and /sbin
That looks like a duplicate of /sbin, which ahould be static
anyway, ne?
/rescue does not contain *everything* from /bin and /sbin,
just a selection of key programs.  NetBSD has done this,
and FreeBSD is doing this in 5.x-current.  I think it is a
reasonable thing to do, as long as the list is kept small.
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx