How to start working on dragonflybsd

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Jul 23 08:53:02 PDT 2003

David Leimbach wrote:

> Hmmm... my "src" doesn't have a Makefile.. did I do something wrong?
>
> I used the CVSup "CVS mirror method".

What I've done:
- I have a FreeBSD 4.8 computer that's not doing anything else right now
- I created /home/dcvs

(Did a number of update things that were wrong)

- Grabbed this file: http://www.dragonflybsd.org/Main/dragonfly-cvs-supfile
- Added "*default=." to it, so that the current code is grabbed.
- Ran cvsup using that file.
- Did the regular make buildworld, etc. in /home/dcvs.

- This seems to have done the trick.  The end result is not that different,
though, as it still runs like, and is labeled as FreeBSD, other than an odd
error with my CDROM.

I'm assuming I didn't goof something up, though.  If a little knowledge is a
dangerous this, then I'm the most dangerous man in the world!