FreeBSD-5's USB subsystem

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 10:34:54 PST 2003

Kent Ibbetson wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dosen't usbd just, as it says in the man page,
'supervise USB attach/detach'.  It dosen't have any device code (though, it
will load some kernel modules if required), it pretty much just starts and stops
applications.

All I know is that whenever I plugged anything in, everything keeled
over. OK, I didn't get a kernel panic, but I may as well have for the
uselessness of that stupid, horrible, ugly, nasty little usbd. DIE USBD!
DIE!

I totally agree that the USB code in 4.x is nasty, and the new stuff will be
better :)
Good. :-)

--
Paul Robinson