ftw/nftw (was Re: LibC status and others...)

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 11:09:53 PST 2003

I'm sorry...

It's not there due to the root compromise on Debian, it also seems like it
hasn't been committed to NetBSD yet.

Here's what the author wrote (attached).

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/--- Begin Message ---

Joel Baker <fenton at xxxxxxxxxx>

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:20:25 -0700

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:52:18AM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Your site on Debian with the ftw implementation seems down. Is there another
> place to get it?

Not at the moment; as far I as know, it has not yet been commited to the
NetBSD CVS tree (which is the only other place I've submitted it). The
server for people.debian.org is down to the recent compromise of some of
Debian's servers, but should be back up any day now (at which point I'll be
able to verify that the code wasn't tampered with, and put it back up for
download).

Do note that there is at least one assertion of a file descriptor leak,
if used in the libc core itself, and possibly a few other tweaks, for use
on NetBSD; the person who was working on adapting the source for use in
the NetBSD libc has not (yet) returned any patches for fixing this, and
I've had other priorities. I really should fix at least the file descriptor
leak, though...

Actually, now that I think of it, the Debian mirror network is still
active, and has the 'jftw' (Joel's FTW) package, which is based on the same
source code - so you should be able to pull it from there (if you don't
need the debian bits, just pull the orig.tar.gz file).
--
Joel Baker <fenton at xxxxxxxxxx>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :